I am not a fan of the whole blog award thingy, but this one was given to me by an awesome bloggy friend, so I have to play along. No pressure or anything. Whew! A big thank you to Sandy over at The Flying WG. Sandy said she gave me this award because I like to talk about myself. Wow, does she ever have me figured out!
So, of course, there are conditions placed on the receipt of this award; I have to tell you 7 things about myself. Well, that’s obviously pretty easy for me, according to Sandy. So let’s give it a try, shall we?
- I just had my very first book published! Woot! Ok you knew that was coming, so sue me. You can purchase my book on Amazon. There are a couple of links on this page. Just look over to your right. Yeah right there. But just because my book is out doesn’t mean you should forget the Launch Party on July 1st. Check it out here. It’s gonna be awesome. We’ll have free drinks and prizes and a performance by Cirque du Soleil.
Ok we’ll have a couple prizes. And there’s plenty of tap water. And I’ll turn cartwheels in my living room if you really need a circus act.
Just be there, okay?
- I am a Grad Student. I study Organizational Change online with Hawaii Pacific University. I graduate in December. That’s why I’m such a smart ass. Get it? S M A R T. ass. I have no joke for the ass part, though, sorry. Obviously I didn’t think this one through.
- Both my sons are in town. Big wedding here in Vegas on Saturday. Older son is tying the knot with a very sweet woman I am proud to call daughter-in-law. Younger son is wiping his brow because he’s happy to be still single it’s freaking hot here in Vegas.
- I hate high heels, okra, sweet potatoes, and pretentious people. Don’t judge. I like flip flops, babies, puppies, and short people, so that evens things out in my opinion.
- I have the most uncomfortable sofa sleeper in the entire world. I am quite sure of this Just ask my aching back because I had to sleep on said couch last night. Slow torture is what it is. I’m gonna need two extra naps today just to feel half way normal.
- I get all mushy when they play the National Anthem. I used to be in the Air Force and I respect our service members and our flag. Yes, I am patriotic and I don’t care who knows it. But no, I’m still not a Republican. It would take Jennifer Lopez making some special campaign promises only to me for that to happen. What? Never say never.
- I’m a bit of an attention whore. Whether you’re reading (and appreciating) my writing or just enjoying a cup of coffee with me, just please pay attention to me. My feelings are delicate. You don’t want me to cry, do you? Seriously, you don’t, trust me. It sounds like mating moose when I cry, or so I’ve been told. I ask you, who the hell pays enough attention to mating moose sounds that they could use that analogy on me? Someone, apparently. Just don’t chance it. Pay attention to me.
Now, I will pass this on to a few of my favorite bloggers.
Congrats on your awards, ladies. Please don’t hurt me.