Happy Monday! I’m linking up with the lovely Stasha over at The Good Life for Monday Listicles. This week’s list is Ten things that make you go hmmm. Given that my whole life has been lived in a virtual state of "hmmm..ness," this little assignment was not too hard for me. At least the first seven. After that, things went downhill fast. But don't take my word for it, check out the train wreck below. Hope you enjoy!
- Summer television – so many good reasons to turn off the TV and read a book.
- Toilet in our master bathroom – flushes when we are not in the room. We can sometimes hear it from the living room. Runs over at least once a week, flooding the bathroom and carpeting leading into the bathroom. Again, no one is in the bathroom when this happens. A ghost "loo" playing ugly pranks. Baffling to the maintenance crew. I’m thinking of putting in a spy cam. I’ll catch the spooky culprit in the act. And then I don’t know what. We’re tired of cleaning up the mess, that’s for sure.
- My neighbors. The ones in the apartment adjoining ours. We share a bedroom wall. I think they enjoy banging to music because, I’m telling you right now, they don’t miss a beat. That wall thumps right in time. Last night I almost got up to dance. I dig a good beat, but the visuals dampen the party. He’s about 400 pounds and she’s maybe 95 pounds soaking wet. Oy. I’m not nosey I swear.
- Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market, a never-ending source of fascination for me. Yesterday, three beautiful women walked down the aisle in matching shortie shorts and tees. And yes, of course I looked. Duh! However, upon passing them aisle after aisle, and over-hearing their conversations, I realized they were drag queens. I swear I had to take a second and third look because those were some gorgeous queens. All I can say is, “You Go Girls! Making Vegas proud!”
- My wife and her reading addiction. Yes, she’s an addict. I say this because she can swallow up a 600 page novel in no time and be looking around for another. I’m jealous. If only I could apply this addiction to my school reading. She just told me to stop whining and read. What?
- Facial hair. I pluck chin hairs daily. I pluck upper lip hair and eyebrows daily. They grow back exponentially. What is fair about that? I should save my pluckings for all those men my age who are balding. Everyone should “give back, “ ya know? And I have been blessed.
- Cupcake merlot, room temperature. Oh wait, this is not “things that make you go Ummm?” Well I’m leaving it in because it’s well worth the mention. Hmmm.
- Two-story sign on Vegas Strip. See below.
If that doesn’t make you go “Hmmm,” then I don’t know what does! I'm hmmm..ing for days!
- I’m running out of things. Hmmm….Here’s a picture of my cat. Well, the cat I used to have. Her name was Simon. We named her after Simon Cowell on American Idol. True story. Ok the picture's not real. I got this off Google Images. Simon was not this pretty. She was this fat though. Are you people still awake?
Gosh I’m dying here….
- Amazing hand-slapping video. See if YOU can do this:
You see how much I love you people?
I'll go to any lengths to entertain you!
And make you go Hmmm.