Happy Monday! I’m linking up with the lovely Stasha over at The Good Life for Monday Listicles. This week’s list is Ten things I'm good it. I have to admit it was kind of tough cutting the list down to just ten, but I managed. It's hard to be humble, ya know? Anywho, I hope you enjoy my list:
- I am good at making lists. But not nearly as good as the lovely Stasha.
- I am good at making up stories. Must be from all the little white lies I told as a child. I got into a lot of trouble. Which leads to the next item.
- I am good at getting into trouble. I don’t look for trouble. It finds me. It knocks on the door. I let it in. It makes itself at home. I suffer the consequences.
- I am good at playing air hockey at the arcade. I am serious. My own sons won’t play with me anymore. That’s how good I am. Go ahead. Try me.
- I am good at drinking wine. Some things you shouldn’t be so good at, probably.
- I am good at being organized. Twenty four hours of the day, in fact. Our refrigerator is literally covered with magnets (not maggots…please! Focus..). They didn’t get perfectly aligned, alphabetically by mistake people. That takes organization. And to do it at 3 am in between checking the buttons on the stove and making sure the toaster is unplugged. That takes OCD talent. I got skills.
- I am good at bullshitting. This could be a whole post all by itself. I’ll make a note for a future visit of this subject and move on. I could be a bullshitting rock star. Just sayin..
- I am good at procrastination. I continuously invent new and bazaar reasons not to do something. It’s a challenge for me and I’m competitive that way. Is that like challenging the challenged? Is that even a thing? Should I just move on? Ok…
- I’m good at flat-ironing my hair. You younger ladies may not see this as something of which to brag, but trust me, it’s a big deal. I started flat-ironing my locks almost two years ago and have gone through three flat irons, burned both my ears, neck and fingers numerous times, invented new cuss words, and gained yet another addiction. Yes folks, I’m addicted to my hair. At least making it flat.
Anyone got a life? I think I need one.
And finally, I’m good at love. Not being a lover. Although….Uh, never mind.
- Seriously, when I love someone…my kids, my grandkids, my partner, my little sister, my best friend…I love them with everything I have. There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for them within my power. I believe that’s the only way to love. Don’t you?
So what are YOU good at? I can’t wait to find out!